Cannabidiol (CBD) is an active ingredient in the cannabis plant. Although marijuana contains CBD, CBD does not have psychoactive effects. CBD skin care is taking the world by storm whether it is in sunscreens, moisturizers, or creams. Some people wonder whether it is beneficial to rub it on the skin. Let’s discuss what CBD oil for skin care is and how to determine if it is right for you.
Weighing the Benefits
Even though so many people tout the use and benefits of CBD-infused skincare products, it doesn’t make it the right choice for everyone. It truly depends on why they want to use it. While many people are turning to CBD for anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and more, skin problems are a current way people are seeking relief. Check out just some of the proposed benefits of using CBD cream and oil for skin care.
Inflammation can wreak havoc on the body. The mind also takes a beating when the body feels worn down by chronic inflammation. The body has two CBD receptors: CB1 and CB1. When applied to the skin, CBD engages the receptors and lowers inflammatory responses. Less redness can also make the skin’s appearance look brighter. CBD creams may help reduce dryness and support the skin’s natural ability to moisturize.
Delay Signs of Aging
Anti-aging creams and lotions are nothing new on the market. However, CBD is taking over the market and offering support for those looking to turn back the clock on their skin. Inflammation creates many challenges, one of which is aging. This is no panacea but CBD skin care products can provide support for those who need it.
CBD Skincare for Acne
Acne is defined as a common skin condition where sebum, or oil that helps keep skin from drying, clogs pores and leads to outbreaks of pimples or zits. This may happen all over the body, face, neck, shoulders, and back. Acne is an inflammation of the skin, which makes it a great candidate for CBD treatment. Preliminary research is finding topical CBD may kill bacteria that cause acne. The same may also be true for psoriasis, another sometimes debilitating skin condition.
Taking Steps Forward
Before you start looking at CBD cream for skin care, it helps to take a moment to look at the steps to taking care of your skin while checking out the benefits of CBD for skin care. Some helpful hints:
- Test first. Don’t just accept a product that will work for your skin. There may be allergies or other issues. Test on the forearm once or twice a day and watch for a rash. If the skin is clear, go ahead and try on the face or body
- Research which products are best for your skin concern. Speak to a doctor to find out more information if you’re not sure
- Don’t fall for hemp oil when you want CBD. Hemp oil has very little CBD in it so look at all products closely to see how much CBD is in them
- CBD products don’t cure or make a disease go away. Everybody is different and will respond differently to the products used
- Shop smart and ask friends and family for references. Speak with licensed dispensaries and think about recommendations for quality brands that will take your skincare to the next level
Every customer who comes to Mindful Medicinal will leave feeling better and more educated about CBD. Come check out all we have to offer and stop by for a free consultation with an on-site expert who will help you find what you need.
To learn more visit us mindfulmedicinal.com to shop our complete line of high quality products.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our email list and follow us on social media.
Questions? Call us at 941-552-8699