Bath bombs have become quite a hot commodity and it is easy to see why. These palm-sized fizzies come in a variety of shapes and colors while boasting excellent skin benefits. Pairing those benefits with the added body-relaxing effects provided by cannabis can lead to the ease of tension, reduced inflammation, and overall tranquility. With the right ingredients, they can be nourishing for both the mind and body, while hydrating dry skin. If you are looking for a way to relax, but are worried about the ingredients of traditional bath bombs, making your own is the way to go!
How to Make Your Own CBD Bath Bombs
Start to finish: 3+ hours (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 1 bath bomb
- Bath bomb molds
- 4 ounces baking soda
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 2 ounces citric acid
- 2 ounces epsom salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon CBD tincture
- 1–2 drops food coloring or mica color powder
- Combine all dry ingredients (except color) in a bowl. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Combine all wet ingredients (except color) in a small glass vessel (a shot glass works perfectly).
- Very slowly, stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, whisking as you go. If you see lots of fizzing, you’re going too fast. If you’re using food drops for coloring, add them now.
- After all ingredients are evenly combined, the mixture should feel like damp sand. To test it out, put a small amount in your hand and squeeze. It should stick together in 1–2 big clumps once you release your hand. Add a few more drops of water if it doesn’t. Once you reach the desired consistency, mix in the color powder (if using).
- Fill each half of your mold with the mixture until it is a little over-filled, but don’t pack too densely. Loosely sprinkle some more of the mixture on each half (this helps the two sides meld).
- Press the halves together firmly and hold for a few seconds. Gently remove one side of the mold.
- Place the bath bomb mold side down and allow to dry for about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the other side of the mold in a gentle twisting motion. (Pro tip: Bath bombs can fall apart very easily, but you can remold one side or re-mix the whole ball and start over if you need to.)
- Let sit for a few hours (or preferably overnight) until the bath bomb is totally firm, then enjoy a soothing CBD-infused bath and relax!
Bath Bomb Benefits
Bath bombs have lots of benefits that are only enhanced with CBD. The fragrance of the soaps you use strongly affects your mood. Therefore the various essential oils mixed in bath bombs have a significant role in influencing your mood and calm your mind. Bath bombs not only cleanse the skin but also enrich your bathing water with emollients and softeners that help moisturize and soothe your skin. They help you pamper your skin and make it smooth, youthful, soft, and glowing. After a long busy day or an intense workout, a bath bomb can help alleviate the aching muscles and bones. Essential oils like clove, rosemary, lavender, and peppermint help in relieving and soothing pains and aches.
CBD bath bombs can be used to experience luxury and opulence by creating an atmosphere or an ambiance that relaxes and rejuvenates you. The delightful and pleasant scents help build a joyful bathing experience. You feel to be experiencing a spa at home, turning an ordinary bath into a magical experience.