CBD gummies are one type of edible people use for various purposes. For everything from chronic pain to insomnia and everything in between, people are turning to CBD and THC gummies for relaxation and therapeutic effects. While CBD and THC gummies are gaining popularity, there are also things to know about choosing
Gummies made from cannabis are fun, flavorful, and pocket-sized, making it easy to take them discreetly. More than just a fun, fruity gummy, they also pack a punch therapeutically for many people who use them for medicinal purposes. The best way to start with THC gummies is to take it easy and not pick too high a dose. THC gummies have an effect on the endocannabinoid system which everyone will respond to differently. Onset times vary depending on many factors but can go anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours before effects kick in. Lower doses to start with ensure less side effects for new users but long-time users may also just want a long, slow work up to the effects. It all depends on what type of THC gummy a person buys. Some different kinds on the market include:
- THC distillate gummies: THC distillate is refined and without much taste which makes it a great gummy to add various flavors to. Only one cannabinoid is used with terpenes taken out of it which may lessen the high for some people
- Full spectrum cannabis oil gummies: includes terpenes from sativa, hybrid, and indica strains which provides a variety of experiences. Terpenes can give an uplifting and relaxed feeling for some people but it depends on who makes it and how much is taken as to how balanced it feels
- THC/CBD ratio gummies: CBD gummies WITH THC can pack an extra punch because they work together to offer a relaxed feeling without the overpowering ‘THC high.’ the higher the radio of CBD to THC (4:1, for example) this will eliminate the high but let CBD effects shine instead. 1:1 ratios will offer THC effects with CBD impact with better balance some people look for
CBD gummies are a popular choice for many who want to stay away from THC gummies. They are flavorful while not including the ‘high’ THC provides. There are different kinds of CBD gummies on the market to look for when trying them out:
- CBD Isolate: all the substances from the cannabis plant are extracted leaving a more ‘pure’ CBD substance without THC, terpenes or other compounds
- Broad spectrum: contains CBD and cannabinoids but no THC making it a popular choice for those avoiding THC like those who test at work regularly or who don’t want the ‘high’ THC can give
- Full spectrum: includes only the legal amount of THC allowed (0.3 percent) and includes a wide range of cannabinoids from the hemp plant which produces an ‘entourage effect’
- USDA Certified Organic: gummies like this are rare but companies who offer these products must prove they are not using synthetic pesticides or fertilizers and must be made with 95 percent organic ingredients made in certified organic facilities
- Vegan: most CBD gummies use gelatin usually obtained from cows or pigs. They are free of animal products or by-products but still deliver CBD benefits
1:1 CBD/THC Gummies
The term 1 to 1 or 1:1 refers to a ratio for infused edibles that combine both CBD and THC. Equal parts THC and CBD, though they deliver different experiences, the combo of the two can enhance the benefits more than using them in solitude. CBD gummies, for instance, won’t contain enough THC to get high. Just a micro-dose of THC gummies in a 1:1 edible may kick in effects more quickly for a desired feeling without doing full-on THC gummies alone. Start in small amounts to see how it feels rather than jump fully in if you’re new or not sure how to get started on these products.
Delta 8 Gummies
Delta 8 gummies are taking over the industry and turning people’s heads in interest.
From pyramid gummies to gummy bears, multiple flavors and types of gummies, Delta 8 offers many different benefits from other types of THC and CBD gummies. Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid found in hemp plants where gummies are infused with Delta 8 that gives a mild high. Delta 8 gummies are legal as long as they contain less than the threshold 0.3% THC. Consumers have many varieties to choose from which can help them deal with anxiety, stress, insomnia, and more. Delta 8 is going to cause a feeling of being high or euphoric which is why some people love it. The sense of a bit of buzziness can be relaxing and calming as well as enjoyable. Dosing Delta 8 gummies is crucial for the right effect without too many side effects as a result. Lower doses at 5mg are great for beginners while long term users may want to increase doses up to 15 mg if they’re comfortable. Delta 8 is made by converting cannabinoids into Delta 8 and deliver on a promise that people will experience some euphoric effects, it depends on the situation, the person’s body and their ultimate goals of how they want to feel when they use it. Find out more about Delta 8 and how to get some of your own from your local dispensary.