The world of cannabis has been opening further and wider than anyone ever imagined. Legalization is happening across the country with more products being created and sold at dispensaries, people can use them for both medical and recreational purposes. Learning about the different variants can help distinguish the types of cannabis available and which may be right for you.
What is Delta 8?
Delta-8 is derived from hemp. Many people go towards Delta-8 because it does not give people a psychoactive experience like other strains with THC. Although it contains it, the results vary from person to person. This being true, it still helps people manage pain or stress and create a more laid-back experience. Delta 8 THC binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors in the body. They make up the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a major regulatory network in the body to keep it in balance. Some great benefits of Delta 8 people love:
- Less intense high than other strains, around 50-75% strength of delta 9 THC
- Kicks up an appetite for those who like the munchies or need a boost. Also great medicinally for those with eating disorders or trouble regulating appetite
- Neurological benefits because of increased choline and acetylcholine which can help in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s
- Sleep aid for those suffering from insomnia or want sedation and stress relief before bed
- Digestive aid for those with nausea and vomiting because of antiemetic properties
- Pain relief
Delta 9 Breakdown
Delta-9 is sometimes thought of as traditional THC because of its psychoactive properties. It is available as a flower, concentrates, or edibles on the market. Consuming it is easier with various options. Depending on the mix of cannabinoids and terpenes, it is great for different reasons from pain relief to relaxation. It can be quite strong for some people who can experience effects like anxiety or paranoia. It is used recreationally but also medically to sustain a quality of life. Some benefits:
- Sleep enhancer
- Reduces stress and helps people with social anxiety, OCD, and panic disorders
- Relieves pain by interacting with pain receptors and supports physical injury, strains, and more
- Reduces inflammation by reducing levels of inflammatory cytokines
- Repairs delayed onset of muscle soreness from rigorous workouts and relieve pain
Delta-10 is derived from hemp, like delta-8. The effects are a middle ground between delta- and delta-9. More subtle than delta-9, it is effective in boosting mood but not as available as delta-8 or delta-9. Delta-10 resembles Sativa cannabis strains, considered to be more uplifting than delta-8. Euphoria is a common experience along with increased alertness and focus and more energy. Daytime is the best use for delta-10 because of the energy boost. Legally there are more challenges with delta-10 as it is still rare on the market. Some benefits to consider:
- Produced from plants containing less than .3% Delta 9 THC
- More psychoactive experience than CBD
- Sativa-like effects which boost energy and mood
- Best during daytime
- Becoming more available with legalization
The best way to know which strands and means of using cannabis are right for you is to visit a local dispensary that can advise you on what is best for your desired use. Let professionals help guide you through the process of choosing the best product for you.
Every customer who comes to Mindful Medicinal will leave feeling better and more educated about CBD. Come check out all we have to offer and stop by for a free consultation with an on-site expert who will help you find what you need.
To learn more visit us mindfulmedicinal.com to shop our complete line of high quality products.
Don’t forget to subscriber to our email list and follow us on social media.
Questions? Call us at 941-552-8699